Gradual Community
Explore
timezone
+00:00 GMT
LIVESTREAM
Example: The Gradual Mini Summit
# Demo

Join us for the Gradual Mini Summit

In this three-day immersive virtual "mini" summit we will dig into the topics most relevant to you and your teams.

This summit was exactly what I needed to re-engage in a community of like-minded leaders. I left empowered to dive into the details with my team on our roadmap for events this coming year. Sandra Miller, VP of Marketing @ RoundSteel Health

In our sessions across the three days we'll explore:

1. How do I build a team empowered and passionate about our work?
  2. How can I up-level my skills as a leader?
  3. How do I approach crucial conversations with both superiors and those I manage?
  4. What trends or forces are shaping our industry landscape?

We're bringing together leaders and experts across the industry to share insights on both the macro and micro, facilitate 1:1 conversations, and engage in deep small group discussions. We want participants to walk away with new insights, tips, and guidance on how to tackle these topics and become stronger leaders. Take a look at some of the ways Gradual will build engagement during our event.

Who Should Attend?

This mini-summit is designed for anyone involved in the hiring process at your company. We have identified key take-aways for a few types of leaders involved in hiring:

Executive Leaders can expect to gain understanding into current trends in hiring, compensation trends and strategies, and how to design and implement processes that are both scalable and prioritize diversity and inclusion.

Team leaders and directors will get insights into where to source candidates, how to set hiring bars for your teams that can span across new markets, and how to prepare your interviewers.

Team members and interviewers will learn how to improve the interview itself to get better hiring signal and how to engineer processes that ensure engineering time in the hiring process is well spent.

About the In-person event

Join us at the historic Apollo Theater for a more exclusive mini-summit experience. Watch and engage in the live stream beside fellow leaders and get access to exclusive round table discussions, in-person. Surprise special guests and community engagement in New York City will round out this experience.

What past attendees have said about the Gradual Mini Summit

I hadn't realized it, but I needed a jolt of reality in the current trends of hiring and people management - especially in the diversity and inclusion space. The Mini-Summit was the perfect opportunity for me to learn, collaborate with others in my shoes, and build a network I can rely on. Matt Joseph, Head of People @ Shrink
This summit is a great place to share ideas and learn from others. I was skeptical on how it could benefit me and my team, but I honestly left with actionable takeaways that we I have already implemented, just months after attending this summit. Thomas Li, VP of Engineering @ Filma
Network with some industry greats in the comfort of your home or office, and know they'll be there to chat or collaborate down the line through this great platform, Gradual. Savannah Thompson, Leadership Coach, former CTO @ Scool Technologies
Speakers
Sandra Miller
Sandra Miller
VP of Marketing @ RoundSteel Health
Prakash Mandeep
Prakash Mandeep
Managing Partner & Founder @ Big Sky Ventures
Eric Paravich
Eric Paravich
SVP, Head of People & Operations @ Needle
Dr. Martin Mesa, Ph.D.
Dr. Martin Mesa, Ph.D.
Founder @ The Inspiration Project
Sophia Alekumo
Sophia Alekumo
CFO @ Rectangle
Leatrice Handler
Leatrice Handler
Head of Engineering @ Stone
Marielle Wigington
Marielle Wigington
CTO @ Brik
Erica Loblolly
Erica Loblolly
VP of Marketing @ LinkedUp
Matt Joseph
Matt Joseph
Head of People @ Shrink
Gaston Sivetti
Gaston Sivetti
Senior Partner @ Pine Capital
Thomas Li
Thomas Li
VP of Engineering @ Filma
Savannah Thompson
Savannah Thompson
Leadership Coach, former CTO @ Scool Technologies
Darian Kulikowski
Darian Kulikowski
General Manager @ Airspace
Theo Hellman
Theo Hellman
SVP, People @ Confirm
Dave Karow
Dave Karow
Continuous Delivery Advocate @ Split.io
Agenda
Nov 1
Nov 2
Nov 3
Track View
Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
Track 4
5:30 PM, GMT
-
9:00 PM, GMT
Main Stage
Q&A
calendar
Live Q&A with Marielle Wingington
Marielle Wigington
7:30 PM, GMT
-
8:00 PM, GMT
Main Stage
Opening / Closing
calendar
Day 1 Kickoff
Erica Loblolly
8:00 PM, GMT
-
8:30 PM, GMT
Main Stage
Keynote
calendar
How to Build Exceptional Tech Teams

How do you build the very best tech teams? Join Marielle Wigington for a series of case studies on how she has built some of the most respected teams of technologists over her career and how she's tackling this challenge in the face of new challenges and trends.

+ Read More
Marielle Wigington
9:00 PM, GMT
-
10:00 PM, GMT
Main Stage
Networking
calendar
Networking Break: 1:1 Match

Pair up with other attendees for a quick 1:1 video call. Meet someone new and share your insights so far!

+ Read More
10:00 PM, GMT
-
10:30 PM, GMT
Main Stage
Keynote
calendar
Fireside Chat with Dr. Martin Mesa

Dr. Martin Mesa has been a revolutionary in how we think about our own growth and well-being. Join us for an intimate fireside chat as he shares what he's learned over his 30 year career and how that's shaping the ground-breaking work he's doing today with The Inspiration Project.

+ Read More
Dr. Martin Mesa, Ph.D.
11:00 PM, GMT
-
11:30 PM, GMT
Main Stage
Panel Discussion
calendar
Panel: Compensation and Retention in a Hybrid Work World

Come join this panel discussion to learn more about the best practices around compassion and retention in the hydroid work environment.

+ Read More
Matt Joseph
Eric Paravich
Leatrice Handler
11:30 PM, GMT
-
12:00 AM, GMT+1
Main Stage
Opening / Closing
calendar
Day 1 Closing Remarks
Erica Loblolly
12:00 AM, GMT +1
-
12:30 AM, GMT+1
Main Stage
Roundtable
calendar
Topic Roundtables

Join in a topic Roundtable and discuss your passions with other attendees! Head to "Roundtables" to pick one and join.

+ Read More
12:00 AM, GMT +1
-
1:00 AM, GMT+1
Main Stage
Exploring Solutions
calendar
Networking & Expo
Partners

Platinum

Diamond

Gold